Manning Mercantile - 1910
Located at 20 N. Main Street Alpharetta, GA
Howell Manning (hands in pocket) owned this store
on North Main Street.
Postman Dodge Teasley leans on the post. George Upshaw is sitting on the porch floor to Mr. Teasley's left.
James H. and Thomas H. Manning operated the store in a wooden building that burned in 1902.
It was replaced by a one-story brick building that later housed the U.S. Post Office, Bates Grocery, Cowart Shoe Shop, Cook Shoe Shop and the Alpharetta Welcome Center. A second story was added in the 1990s.
A picture of the owner in the store:
20 North Main Street
Alpharetta Ga 30004